The University of Göttingen is involved in total 25 EMA2 partnerships, and in four of them (EXPERTS, EXPERTS II, ALRAKIS, MARCOXXI) Göttingen is the Coordinator. The coverage of the EMA2 Partnership is in 27 countries namely Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Cambodia, Laos, Malasiya, Morocco, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Russia, Sri Lanka, Thailand , Tunisia, and Vietnam. Total 98 higher education institutions (HEIs) in Third countries and in EU with 29 HEIs in 17 countries.
Usually the project duration in EMA2 programme is 48 months. University of Göttingen has managed more than 190 mobilities to date since 2008. Following are the selected projects in 2011.
- EMIIY- Erasmus Mundus Action 2 Lot 9 Iran, Iraq, Yemen (Coordinator: Lund University, Sweden)
- ARCOIRIS- ARgentina COoperation for International Research and Study (Coordinator: Politecnico di Torino, Italy)
- Al-Idrisi- A scholarship scheme for exchange and cooperation between Europe and the Maghreb (Coordinator: University of Granada)
- Triple I (2011)- Integration, Interaction and Institutions (Coordinator, University of Turku, Finnland)
- EXPERTS II- Exchange by Promoting Quality Education, Research and Training in South and South-East Asia II (Coordinatr: University of Goettingen, Germany)
- LOTUS II- Linking Organisations Through University Synergies II (Coordinator: Ghent University)
- AREAS- Academic Relations between Europe and Asia (Coordinator: Politecnico di Torino, Italy)
- ALRAKIS-Align Research and Knowledge-based Innovation Systems in Caucasian Countries (Coordinator: University of Goettingen, Germany)
- MARCOXXI - Erasmus Mundus Action II- Central Asia (Coordinator: University of Goettingen, Germany)
- EUROPLATA- Cooperation Between Europe and Argentina (Coordinator: University of Groningen, the Netherlands)
- MEDASTAR- EU-Egypt-Lebanon Cooperation (Coordinator: University of Oviedo)